Running Nautilus as Root

12:37 PM | with 0 comments »

If you want to run Nautilus as root {Although I will not recommend it because you can by mistake can do irreversible damage to your OS} but sometimes I need to use Nautilus in root mode to do some of my works.

Well normally I would just go to the terminal and I will type sudo nautilus or gksu nautilus in order to start Nautilus in root mode but I can also do this in GUI mode.

In order to add a link to Nautilus {with root permission} all you have to do is go to System -> Preferences -> Main Menu

Select System Tools from the list of Menus

Click on the New Item Button from the right hand side of the window

The Create Launcher window will open.
Fill in the boxes as it is shown in the image and close the Window.

Now close the Menu Editor as well.

And you're done.

Now whenever you want to start Nautilus in root mode just go to Applications -> System Tools and click on Root Nautilus

Enter the password and Nautilus with root permission will open.

Have Fun!


Share/Save/Bookmark this Post

Stumble Upon  Del.icio.us  Digg  Face it! Tell Your Tweets Fav This With Technorati  Reddit Mixx it Up! Add to Furl

0 comments